Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Shawnequa Linder, Artist


 


Hello and welcome to the 62nd 3 Art Questions With Jackson interview! This time I interviewed Shawnequa Linder, a fantastic and unique painter that I discovered at Anderson O'Brien Fine Art in Omaha. I have been following what she does online since. Her answers were really cool and I think you will agree! Thank you for reading! (All images courtesy of the artist / Instagram: @artdork.art / Represented by @aobfineart)




Jackson: How do you think you ended up on an artistic path? Did you attend art school?


Shawnequa: A combination of early influences and my own personal interest is what developed me to start creating. Growing up, I would draw with my brother Tony. It was through observing Tony's talent and skill that sparked a strong desire within me to center my focus on my own artistic path. I greatly admired my brother's work and wanted to draw like him. 

This desire embarked me to pursue an Associates Degree in Visual Communication Art and Photography and a Bachelor's Degree in Studio Arts. After graduation, I have continued to develop my skills through self-study.




Jackson: What inspires the art you create? Do you view your art as internal or a response to external events? I particularly like the style I saw at Anderson O'Brien Fine Art in Omaha.


Shawnequa: I love the constant challenge of bringing new ideas to life. The challenge is what inspires me the most. Each project presents an opportunity for me to explore my skills, creativity, and imagination. I enjoy pushing myself to see if I can successfully execute the vision I have in my head.

How I perceive my work is as an internal creative expression. It is through my practiced ability of embracing my own personal thoughts, emotions, and experiences that allows my art to serve as a captivating window for viewers to see the unique perspective of my inner world.




Jackson: If you could meet any artist living or dead, who would it be and why?


Shawnequa: Aaron Siskind :). 

I have been fascinated by Siskind's artistic process. Gaining insight to Aaron's approach towards capturing urban decay and understanding how he finds beauty in the most neglected spaces would be a wonderful opportunity! With my work depicting similar subjects, learning from his influences and experiences would leave a welcome impact on me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment