Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Bernart, Painter, Teacher, Textile Designer, DJ


 


Hello and welcome to the 35th interview for my blog 3 Art Questions With Jackson! This time I interviewed Istanbul based artist, teacher, DJ, and textile designer Bernart! Exciting! We have been following each other on Instagram and I have always been super impressed by her art. I always enjoy getting the perspective of someone who lives in a different country and I did this time too. Thank you for reading and check out her Instagram! @_bernart_



Jackson: What inspired you to become an artist? Did you have a specific experience? 


Bernart: My sister was studying Fine Arts at Mimar Sinan University when I was little, my sister is a very good artist and I was inspired by my first sister. One day I will grow up and become a good artist and designer like her, it was my dream. And I studied at the same university in the department of fine arts, textile and painting, so I can say that I made my dream come true :). I am still working as a designer in textile, and at the same time I am an artist and an art teacher. Thank you very much for this beautiful question.



Jackson: Has the global pandemic changed the way you make art? Are things getting better in Istanbul now?


Bernart: Actually, I was impressed like everyone else and this was reflected in my paintings. I started drawing in the first days of the epidemic but I could not finish it. Then I can say that this situation has improved day by day. I reflected the pandemic effect in some of my drawings, it was not possible to not be affected. The situation in Istanbul seems to be getting better and then it gets worse again. Unfortunately, we have a curfew. Everything will be fine and we will return to our healthy days.



Jackson: If you could meet any artist living or dead, who would it be and why?


Bernart: Hmm, very good question, thank you. Actually, I did not have a request to meet celebrities. But like all art lovers and artist friends it is Leonardo Da Vinci, whose art I am very impressed with. The reason is that I have been interested in geometry and anatomy since I was young, the best in these subjects is Leonardo Da Vinci. Although he has 17 works that are very few finished and unfinished, the starting point of art is the genius Da Vinci for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment