Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Rima Chahine, Artist


   

Hello and welcome to the 45th 3 Art Questions With Jackson interview! This time I interviewed United Arab Emirates based painter Rima Chahine. I love her style of painting and her approach to making art. She has been kind enough to check out what I've been up to with my art which I always appreciate. I think her advice about believing you can do it even when others tell you you can't is great. Thank you for reading! (Instagram: rimachahine.art, website: rimachahine.com, all images courtesy of the artist)





Jackson: On your website you say you believed in yourself when no one else did. Did that make you more determined to be a successful artist or impact the type of work you make?


Rima: I always felt growing up that many things did not resonate with my being in the culture I grew up in. The state of being of people I met along the way made me feel like an outcast often, so this is what made me become an artist. I believe in free expression, I applaud high sensitivity in life and in art, in being true to who you are no matter the costs. This is my art expression. It is peace, love and authenticity. 





Jackson: Did the pandemic affect your career or change the way you made your paintings? I lost some opportunities and noticed I was using brighter colors.


Rima: Yes, it did. I needed to do more travelling, attending international art fairs and exhibitions to find bigger opportunities for exposure and sales.





Jackson: If you could meet any artist living or dead, who would it be and why?


Rima: Monet. I like his art gentleness. So expressive and soft. I wish to paint with him one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment